Standard Trading Terms & Conditions of Hire of Entertainment supplied by Mike Taylor Entertainment & subsidiary trading companies.
– Coronavirus Update March 2021 –
With the instruction from the government regards venue closures due to COVID-19, we are thinking of all of our treasured customers whose forthcoming parties, weddings, and celebrations have been affected.
Any monies already received against any booked events will be held and will be transferred to any future date (subject to availability, excluding December) upon agreement. Alternatively, if a new date is not accepted, a full refund will be given. Once a new date is agreed, the refund option is removed unless legislation is imposed by the government that affects any new date agreed.
We appreciate this is a very stressful time for all parties involved and please bear in mind that we too are a very small, but personal supplier whose income has now disappeared 100%.
To discuss your booked event, please contact us via [email protected], as individual offices will not be able to facilitate via telephone. We shall endeavor to respond to all queries within 24 hours.
1. A booking is not deemed to be confirmed until contract/confirmation has been exchanged either in paper or electronic format. Financial settlement to take place by cash at the start of the performance(s),or by cheque/paypal (with admin fee) no later than fourteen days prior to the performance(s), unless otherwise agreed.
2. If additional performance time is required, the fee of £50 per hour/part thereof, for such time must be agreed with and paid to the Entertainer at that time if not incorporated within an original contract agreement. For Children’s entertainment supplied, no additional time other than contracted will be considered. All other methods of payment will be by mutual agreement.
3. This contract reflects the verbal agreement and shall include any terms and conditions agreed prior to its issue and shall be deemed accepted unless a written objection is received within seven working days of the issuing date. No alterations may be made to this contract by, either the Customer or Mike Taylor Entertainment without prior approval by either party.
4. In the event of sickness/ill health/vehicular accident, Mike Taylor Entertainments reserve the right to supply alternative entertainment/presenter/act at no additional costs to the hirer. By the same token, Mike Taylor Entertainment shall hold no liability to damages so incurred through the same. Any liability shall be limited to any fees paid by the hirer.
5. In the event of the customer wishing to cancel any contracted booking, for any reason other than an act of God or natural disaster, a fee of 50% of the fees actually paid will become immediately payable. Less than 12 weeks’ notice will incur the full fee payable. Bookings that have been transferred to a new date and subsequently canceled, will deem the full fee payable irrelevant of the time period. (please see March 2021 update). For all customers booking Weddings, we recommend taking out the relevant insurance for your event.
6. Where appropriate, the Customer/Venue Management, will arrange with the Venue to allow suitable time for the installation and dismantling, and removal of equipment (normally one hour). If we feel that any site is unsuitable for installation then we have the right to refuse installation of any equipment and the customer’s advance payment will be forfeited and any other costings incurred will be due & payable. It is therefore the client’s responsibility to make sure installation can take place in a safe and suitable environment as agreed with our insurers.
7. Mike Taylor Entertainment encourage and accept music lists and requests in advance of functions & will endeavour to play the clients chosen requests, provided such requests are submitted in writing, at least 14 days before the event. The client also agrees that Mike Taylor Entertainment cannot guarantee the inclusion of any difficult to source, obsolete or deleted titles requested at the event or previously notified. If you are unsure about any request then please contact us.
8. Mike Taylor Entertainment will endeavour not play songs with explicit or offensive language, or any track that the DJ considers would cause offence to any guests attending the function. If you are unsure about any track then please contact us.
9. Mike Taylor Entertainment ensures that any equipment to be connected to a power source is electrically safe, has passed PAT electrical safety testing, and conforms to the HSE EAW Act 1989, and any amendments thereafter.
10. Mike Taylor Entertainment and any assistants will conduct themselves in a proper manner throughout their attendance at the venue, and will respond to the Customers/ Venue Managements reasonable requests as to volume, siting of equipment and, or any other reasonable requests.
11. Mike Taylor Entertainment shall not be held liable for breach of byelaws, or conditions under which the venue is leased, hired or entrusted to the Customer. The Customer/Venue Management also ensures that all appropriate licenses, as required by law, are in force at the time of the performance(s).
12. The Customer/Venue Management will provide adequate supervision of it’s guests, customers and, or staff at the venue, and will be liable for any loss of, or damage to, the equipment, vehicles, persons or personal belongings, caused by guests, customers and, or staff.
Updated March 2020. Revisable without notification, and non-exhaustive.